Aruba AP-203R Access Point
802.11ac access point for home and small branch offices
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
The multifunctional Aruba 203R Remote AP delivers secure and fast 802.11ac wireless and wired network access to corporate resources for branch and home offices.
Unique in the industry, the compact Aruba 203R remote AP is software configurable to operate in either 1x1 dual radio mode, or 2x2 single radio mode. It supports up to 867Mbps in the 5GHz band or up to 400Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band when operating in single radio 2x2 mode. In dual radio 1x1 mode, the maximum data rates for the 203R AP are 433Mbps in the 5GHz band and 200Mbps in the 2.4GHz band.
The 203R AP offers a variety of enterprise-class features, including role-based network access, policy-based forwarding, and Adaptive Radio Management (ARM), which gives remote workers the same high-quality Wi-Fi experience they get at corporate headquarters. When additional capacity is desired, this low-cost 203R AP can be quickly added to an existing Aruba WLAN to improve network performance.
Managed by the Aruba Mobility Controller, the 203R AP supports centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services. It extends corporate resources to remote locations by establishing site-to-site VPN tunnels to the data center.
With an integrated Aruba Beacon, the 203R AP simplifies the remote management of a large scale network of battery- powered BLE Aruba Beacons and provides advanced location and indoor wayfinding, and proximity-based push notification capabilities.
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, APs can configure themselves when powered up, slashing the cost and time to deploy wireless in remote branches and home offices.CHOOSE YOUR DEPLOYMENT AND OPERATING MODES
Aruba APs offer a choice of deployment and operating modes to meet your unique management and deployment requirements:
- The 203R AP is the unified AP that supports both controller-based and controllerless deployment modes, providing maximum flexibility
- Controller-based mode – When deployed in conjunction with an Aruba Mobility Controller, Aruba APs offer centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding.
- Controllerless (Instant) mode – The controller function is virtualized in a cluster of APs in Instant mode. As the network grows and/or requirements change, Instant deployments can easily migrate to controller- based mode.
- Remote AP (RAP) mode for branch deployments
- Air monitor (AM) for wireless IDS, rogue detection and containment
- Secure enterprise mesh portal or point
Deploy with or without controller
- The 203R can be deployed in either controller-based (ArubaOS) or controllerless (InstantOS) deployment mode.
New 802.11ac flexible radio architecture
- The 203R AP is software configurable to operate in either 1x1 dual radio mode, or 2x2 single radio mode.
- Supports up to 867Mbps in the 5GHz band (with 2SS/VHT80 clients) or up to 400Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band (with 2SS/VHT40 clients). In 1x1 dual radio mode, these max speeds are up to 433Mbps (5GHz) and 200Mbps (2.4GHz).
Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio
- Delivers location-based services for BLE-enabled mobile devices.
- Enables management of your deployment of battery- powered Aruba Beacons.
Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
- Minimizes the impact from out-of-band interference from sources such as 3G/4G cellular networks.
- Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs
- The 203R can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
- Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers threat protection and mitigation, and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
- IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URLs and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials, certificates and keys.
Intelligent app visibility and control
- AppRF technology leverages deep packet inspection to classify and block, prioritize or limit bandwidth for over 2,500 enterprise apps or groups of apps.
Quality of service for unified communication apps
- Supports priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Microsoft Skype for Business with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing.
203H ACCESS POINT SPECIFICATIONS
WI-FI RADIO SPECIFICATIONS
POWER SOURCES AND CONSUMPTION
For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
REGULATORY MODEL NUMBER
MINIMUM SOFTWARE VERSIONS
Wireless Radio Specifications:
|RF Performance Table|
|Maximum transmit power (dBm) per transmit chain||Receiver sensitivity (dBm) per receive chain|
|802.11n HT20 2.4GHz|
|802.11n HT40 2.4GHz|
|802.11n HT20 5GHz|
|802.11n HT40 5GHz|
|802.11ac VHT20 5GHz|
|802.11ac VHT40 5GHz|
|802.11ac VHT80 5GHz|
Maximum capability of the hardware provided (excluding antenna gain). Maximum transmit power is limited by local regulatory settings.
ANTENNA PATTERN PLOTS
Horizontal or azimuth plane (looking at the top of the AP, front facing up)
Elevation plane 0 (looking at the side of the AP, front facing to the right)
Elevation plane 90 (looking at the front of the AP)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $13.00
Our Price: $35.00
Our Price: $46.00
Our Price: $55.00
Our Price: $21.00
Our Price: $57.00
Our Price: $74.00
Our Price: $89.00
Our Price: $13.00
Our Price: $21.00
Our Price: $25.00