Aruba RAP-100 Series Remote Access Points
High-performance wireless and wired networking for SMBs, branch offices and teleworkers
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Supports available below. Please contact us for a replacement solution.
The multifunctional Aruba RAP-100 series delivers secure 802.11n wireless and wired networking to SMBs and access to corporate resources from branch and home offices.
With unmatched deployment flexibility, the RAP-100 series can operate in Aruba Instant mode controlled by the AirWave management platform or in controller-managed mode where all network services are centralized by Aruba Mobility Controllers.
In Aruba Instant mode, traffic is locally bridged but it still provides the flexibility of secure tunneling to Mobility Controllers. To eliminate client stickiness, the RAP-100 series includes integrated ClientMatch technology, which continuously gathers session performance metrics and uses this data to every device to the best AP and radio on the WLAN, even while users roam and RF conditions change.
The RAP-100 series also offers a wide range of enterprise-class features, including role-based network access, policy-based forwarding, and Adaptive Radio Management (ARM), which optimizes Wi-Fi client performance and ensures that Aruba APs stay clear of interference.
At locations that require greater coverage, the RAP-100 can join an Aruba Instant WLAN cluster. Simply install additional RAP-100s or any Aruba Instant AP and the entire cluster is managed as one. If one Aruba Instant AP fails, another AP automatically takes over with no disruption.
With a wireless data rate up to 300 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands, the RAP-100 series has one 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet uplink, one 10/100BASE-T local Ethernet port and one USB port to connect to 3G and 4G networks.
When operating in Aruba Instant mode, the cloud-based Aruba Activate service dramatically reduces RAP-100 series deployment time by performing zero-touch provisioning, firmware upgrades and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, RAP-100s are factory-shipped to remote deployment sites and obtain their configurations automatically when powered up.
- ClientMatch technology eliminates sticky clients by continuously gathering session performance metrics and utilizing this data to steer mobile devices to the best AP and radio, even as users roam and RF conditions change.
- ARM technology delivers best-in-class RF management, including automatic transmit power and channel control with auto coverage-hole correction.
- Zero-touch provisioning as well as automated firmware upgrades and inventory management with the cloud-based Aruba Activate service.
- Spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
- With an OpenDNS service subscription, Aruba Instant RAPs delivers integrated web filtering, malware and botnet protection to every device connected to the WLAN
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys
- SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic
- VPN configuration functionality enables the Instant AP to create a single VPN tunnel to an Aruba Mobility Controller in the data center. The Mobility Controller acts solely as a VPN end-point and does not supply the Instant AP with any configuration.
|RAP-108 and RAP-109 Specifications|
Wireless Radio Specifications
For more country-specifc regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
Regulatory Model Number
Minimum Operating System Software Versions
Aruba RAP 100 Series RF Performance Table
|RF Performance Table|
|Maximum transmit power (dBm) per transmit chain||Receiver sensitivity (dBm) per receive chain|
|802.11b 2.4 GHz|
|802.11g 2.4 GHz and 802.11a 5 GHz|
|802.11n HT20 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz|
|802.11n HT40 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz|
Maximum capability of the hardware provided. Maximum transmit power will be limited by local regulatory settings.
Horizontal or azimuth plane (top view)
Elevation plane (front view)
Elevation plane (side view)