Aruba RAP-3 Remote Access Point
High-performance wireless and wired networking for SMBs, branch offices and teleworkers
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Supports available below. Please contact us for a replacement solution.
The multifunctional Aruba RAP-3 delivers secure 802.11n wireless and wired network access to corporate resources from branch and home offices.
Centrally managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, the RAP-3 extends corporate resources to remote locations by establishing site-to-site VPN tunnels to the data center.
To eliminate client stickiness, the RAP-3 includes integrated ClientMatch technology, which continuously gathers session performance metrics and uses this data to every device to the best AP and radio on the WLAN, even while users roam and RF conditions change.
The RAP-3 also offers a variety of enterprise-class features, including role-based network access, policy-based forwarding, and Adaptive Radio Management (ARM), which gives remote workers the same high-quality Wi-Fi experience they get at corporate headquarters.
Delivering a wireless data rate of up to 300 Mbps, the RAP-3 has three 10/100BASE-T Ethernet ports and one USB port for connecting to 3G and 4G networks. It is also available with an 802.3af power-over-Ethernet (PoE) port (RAP-3WNP model) for IP phones or other devices.
At locations that require greater coverage, the RAP-3 can join an Aruba Instant WLAN cluster. Simply install additional RAP-3s or any Instant AP and the entire cluster is managed as one. If one Instant AP fails, another AP automatically takes over with no disruption.
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Instant APs are factory-shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up.
- Zero-touch provisioning as well as automated firmware upgrades and inventory management with the cloud-based Aruba Activate service.
- ClientMatch technology eliminates sticky clients by continuously gathering session performance metrics and using this information to steer them to the best AP and radio.
- ARM technology delivers best-in-class RF management, including automatic transmit power and channel control with auto coverage-hole correction.
- With an OpenDNS service subscription, Aruba Instant RAPs delivers integrated web filtering, malware and botnet protection to every device connected to the WLAN
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys
- SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic
Wireless Radio Specifications
For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
Regulatory Model Number
Minimum Operating System Software Versions
Aruba RAP-3 RF Performance Table
|RF Performance Table|
|Maximum transmit power (dBm) per transmit chain||Receiver sensitivity (dBm)|
Maximum capability of the hardware provided. Maximum transmit power will be limited by local regulatory settings.