Aruba AP-224 Access Point
Setting a higher standard for 802.11ac
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Supports and Renewals are still available below
Multifunctional 220 series wireless APs deliver gigabit Wi-Fi performance to 802.11ac mobile devices. Integrated Aruba ClientMatch technology ensures consistently high performance across the WLAN infrastructure.
With a maximum data rate of 1.3 Gbps in the 5-GHz band and 600 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz band, 220 series APs are three-times faster than 802.11n APs and provide performance similar to a wired connection.
The 220 series APs include ClientMatch technology, which eliminates sticky clients by continuously gathering session performance metrics from mobile devices. This information is then used to steer each mobile device to the best AP and radio on the WLAN.
Proactive and deterministic, ClientMatch dynamically optimizes Wi-Fi client performance as users roam and RF conditions change. If a mobile device moves out of range of an AP or RF interference impedes performance, ClientMatch automatically steers it to a better AP.
With ClientMatch, 220 series APs load web pages faster, deliver video streams with improved quality and support high densities of mobile devices. An 802.11ac network without ClientMatch performs no different than an 802.11n WLAN.
The 220 series APs additionally support priority handling and policy enforcement for individual Microsoft Lync media on the same device, including encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing.
Choose your operating mode
The 220 series APs offer a choice of operating modes to meet your unique management and deployment requirements.
- Controller-managed AP or Remote AP (RAP) running ArubaOS.
When managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, 220 series APs offer centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding.
- Aruba Instant AP running InstantOS.
In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up one Instant AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes.
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Instant APs are factory-shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up.
If WLAN and network requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 220 series Instant APs to become part of a WLAN that is centrally managed by a Mobility Controller.
Allows phased wired infrastructure upgrades
- Adapts to available 802.3af power-over-Ethernet (PoE) instead of requiring customers to upgrade to 802.3at PoE+.
Delivers 1.9 Gbps aggregate throughput
- EtherChannel link aggregation on two Gigabit Ethernet ports provides 1.9 Gbps aggregate throughput.
600 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz band
- Supports up to 600 Mbps for TurboQAM-enabled mobile devices operating in the 2.4-GHz band – an industry first.
Best-in-class RF management
- Integrated Adaptive Radio Management technology manages the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands and ensures that APs stay clear of RF interference.
- Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
- Wireless mesh connections are convenient where Ethernet drops are not available.
- Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers threat protection and mitigation and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
- With an OpenDNS service subscription, Aruba Instant APs delivers integrated web filtering, malware and botnet protection to every device connected to the WLAN.
- Encrypted IPsec VPN tunnels securely connect remote users to corporate network resources.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys.
- SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic
|AP-224 and AP-225 Specifications|
AP-210 Series Specifications
Wireless Radio Specifications
Regulatory Model Number
Minimum Software Versions
Wireless Radio Specifications:
|RF Performance Table|
|Maximum transmit power (dBm) per transmit chain||Receiver sensitivity (dBm) per receive chain|
|2.4 GHz - 802.11b|
|2.4 GHz - 802.11g and 5 GHz - 802.11a|
|2.4 GHz and 5 GHz - 802.11n HT20|
|2.4 GHz and 5 GHz - 802.11n HT40|
|5 GHz - 802.11ac VHT20|
|5 GHz - 802.11ac VHT40|
|5 GHz - 802.11ac VHT80|
Maximum capability of the hardware provided. Maximum transmit power is limited by local regulatory settings. RF performance numbers for AP-224 are slightly lower due to additional internal RF circuitry.
Horizontal or Azimuth plane (top view)
Elevation plane (side view)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $57.00
Our Price: $154.00
Our Price: $200.00
Our Price: $242.00
Our Price: $85.00
Our Price: $230.00
Our Price: $298.00
Our Price: $361.00
Our Price: $52.00
Our Price: $85.00
Our Price: $28.00
Our Price: $28.00
Our Price: $44.00
Our Price: $28.00
Our Price: $84.00
Our Price: $150.17